Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Laundry Day

Call me crazy!!! But there is something soothing to me about doing laundry.  I don't know if it's because it's something I definitely see get done or because I need to go back and wear the same thing I just wore (that's a whole other post).

I find that by doing my laundry I have a HUGE task completed.  The hardest part for me, like a lot of people is putting it away.  I've been doing my laundry on Sunday's for the longest time.  Usually we stay home on Sundays so it's nice to have all of our clothes clean for the start of the week.  If I stick to routine, I'll have laundry done and put away by Monday.

This is how I do our laundry:
I bring ALL of our laundry down to the kitchen (near the laundry room)
Then it gets sorted:
Next I put it in to my laundry bin, least important items go on the bottom of the sorter, most important go first.

I absolutely LOVE this sorter.  It has done wonders for me!! By far, one of my favorite Laundry items!

Now to START!!!
I have three Laundry bins on top of my washer and dryer.  First is for my husband and I, second is my son and daughter, they are still small so I can share a basket for them, last is the towels/sheets.  As soon as the dryer bell goes off, I am right there folding and sorting in to the right bins.  When the bins are full, I carry them right up to the right room and put away!
For some of my favorite pieces of clothing, I ALWAYS air dry them
Once it's dry, it hangs us on my handy dandy laundry sorter.  Ironing is always done on a different day of the week.

This is the way I have done my laundry for about Four and a half years now.  This system works for me, what works for you?  Just don't forget to put those clothes away or else this task is much harder ;)

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment