Friday, October 11, 2013

Pumpkin Ninjas and a Little Ghost Poop

Yeah I said ghost poop.  And when did we ever decorate pumpkins as ninjas?  Since Pinterest has come in to our lives.  

This year the kids are going to be Ninjas for Halloween.  I have been lucky enough to have had them dress up as a "pair" each year since Kailey was born.  I was afraid this year would be the end.  But they both love the cartoon Ninjago and decided they were going to be Ninjas.  My friend Amanda's daughter Madison was introduced to Ninjago from my kids and now she's going to be a Ninja.  

So what would be more fitting than, Ninja pumpkins?  Well Amanda invited us over to paint some Ninjas, eat some pizza, have some snacks, and let the kids play.  And the kids had a blast.  


First, an after school snack





I also found this snack on Pinterest.  How super cute are these?  It was one of those snacks that required a can of diced pineapple, a can of mandarin oranges, whipped cream, candy corn and a clear cup.  All I had to do was look at the picture and I was done.  I love those kinds of pins!








The kids definitely enjoyed the snacks!  And then we got ready for the painting.




Look at these cute little pumpkins!




This is the pin she found for the inspiration.




First step was to put the tape on the pumpkin for the mask.




How funny?  I would have never guessed.  Then it was time for the kids to pick out the color of their Ninja.




Well what do you know?  What a clever idea.  Amanda had these little plastic covers from yogurts to separate the paint.  I would have never thought of something like this.  









Kyle was the last one painting.  He really took his time and wanted to get it just right.  



The kids went to play for a little bit before we had dinner.  Pizza and ghost poop.  Yeah...



I kept thinking this is really weird ghost poop?  White ghosts with orange poop.   Hehe well Amanda said "No Pumpkin Poop!"  I could have sworn she said ghost poop.  She said "No, ghost poop is marshmallows"  Haha, THAT makes sense!





The kids enjoyed their Halloween meal, complete with Mummy juice!




I LOVE these little guys!

Well, nothing is complete without mommy juice for the mommy's.




and cookies for dessert




After the kids were done with their dinner, they sat down and made candy necklaces.






And nothing is complete without some Ninja posing






Although, I'm thinking this looks more like a cheer pose.




Then the pumpkins were completely dry.






The painting and glitter on these little cuties looked so cute!  And then their Ninja eyes were added. 






 And Zoey, well she just wanted to make a Ninja face.




The kids had so much fun.





The night was full of fun.  We went home with our pumpkins in a box and some special treats.





These are the best cookies ever!


Now it's time to go to bed so we can wake up tomorrow and eat these yummy cookies in the morning.

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment