Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wires, They Are Everywhere!

I spend a lot of time on my computer and when you do that you tend to drop things on the floor sometimes.  Sometimes you can find what you dropped really quickly and sometimes, well...



THIS is what you find...

Oh I am so embarrassed, yes there is dust back there and yes it is bad!  Let me tell you something about a wire mess like this.  Sometimes, I just clean right in front, as far as the broom will go.  Did I say sometimes?  I meant ummm... GUILTY.  So this is what I have been seeing.  Our desk is tucked in the back part of the house, the room that I call an eye soar and it will probably never be featured on here because, well it is ugly.  Just like these wires.  

I am on Pinterest ALL the time.  You can tell by my 137 boards that I like everything in it's board, specifically.  It may be a little much but that's how I like it.  Now if I could only translate the rest of my house to look like my Pinterest boards...  I didn't find anything on Pinterest that would help with this disaster so I decided to turn to YouTube.  One of my closest friends, Cory, got me hooked last year.  I was in luck!  I found out how to take care of this situation from a YouTuber name Jen from Organized Like Jen.  She is AWESOME!!! 

On this video she shows a cable management box that she bought.  I found mine on Amazon.  I was so excited to get it. 




When it finally came, it was time to pull those wires out.




Such a MESS!! And dusty too!

I then, unplugged everything.  Found which wire belonged to what, grabbed some washi tape and labeled the wires.




Then plugged them back in with the power strip inside the cable box. 




Once everything was labeled and put back in the box, I dusted, cleaned and closed it up.




What a difference!! It looks great and it's not bad anymore.  I haven't had any issues with the box at all. It doesn't get hot which was really surprising.  Really no issues.  

Before and After:




I am super happy with the results.  I plan on using these fabulous boxes any chance I get.  

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment