Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Little Bit Goes A Long Way

Getting used to a small house is hard.  When you have lived in a home that has ample space for everything, making a transition to a smaller home can be quite frustrating.  We have been here two months now and I am still struggling with getting the kitchen perfect.  

Does this look familiar?


If you look close, really close you can see there is an attempt at some organization, really, look CLLLLLOOOOSEEEE!!  Ok if you spotted the black organizers in there, HIGH FIVE!!!

Not much was needed to organize this drawer.  These black organizers are from Wal Mart, they are Rubbermaid.  I like the color black.  I'm starting to like white but I have too much black to turn to a new color.  Maybe one day.  Anyway, I went to Wal Mart and picked up two more organizers and reworked the drawer.


You can clearly see a difference.  The one thing that I have learned in my organizational attempts is, follow through.  If you don't put things back where you got them, forget being organized.  

This is only one drawer in my kitchen.  I am not a gourmet cook, not even a good one, but this drawer gets used all the time.  It was driving me crazy fiddling through that drawer before because I couldn't find anything.  For now, this works and it definitely cuts the time in finding the tool I am looking for.

Hope this helps and inspires you if you are having the same problem.  
SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment