Thursday, June 12, 2014

Personal Shopping Right From Your Own Home

I am in desperate need of some new clothes.  I'm not really sure if I want to buy any though.  Remember Wal Mart is the ONLY store that even has clothes in a 45 minute distance from my home. I'm not going to lie, sometimes they have cute stuff, and I have bought stuff from there.  It's just very rare that I find super cute things, in the Wal Mart by my house.

Recently a friend of mine posted something about getting her first Stitch Fix box and them hitting the nail on the head.  I thought, "WHAT?!"  I was intrigued so I asked her about it.  

Here's how it works: You go to their website and create a style profile.  Your "stylist" will go through your profile and hand pick five items.  You pay a $20 styling fee.  IF you keep any items the $20 will get credited towards your purchase.  IF you don't you do not get the $20 back.  If you purchase all the items you get 25% off the entire order.  Whatever you don't like, you just send back in a prepaid envelope.  It has to be mailed back within 3 days.

So without further ado, here is my first Stitch Fix box:


I just LOVE opening boxes to find print inside!  Very simply explained as soon as you open it.


EEEEeeek you have no idea how excited I was when I saw this.


Here is the return bag with the return label.  Everything ready to go.


I wasn't sure if I wanted to open this envelope first or go to the clothes first.  In the envelope you'll get a preview of your items.


A personal letter from "MY" stylist.  You even have the option to have them take a look at a specific Pinterest board.  I was super excited to have someone take a look at my super fabulous board!


Here's a little sneak peak of the items in my box and two different ways they could be styled.


Here we go...


OOOh, pretty!  You have the option of having a piece of jewelry picked out.


I didn't get a picture of the bracelet on it's own.  It was very pretty but pricey.  I figured I could probably find something similar, somewhere else.

I asked for loose tops.  I'm feeling much more comfortable in looser tops, I guess it's just a self conscious thing.

This mint top was adorable, and fit AMAZING!


These leggings were AMAZING but not for $48!


This top looked super cute on but it didn't "CLICK".  I think it would have been a great top for the fall but I just wasn't feeling it for Spring.


And this dress, this dress was beautiful.  When my daughter saw me with it on she said "MOMMY, you're wearing a dress, you look beautiful!"  If it would have been one size bigger, I probably would have kept it.


I ended up keeping the minty looking top. Things were a little pricey but I was ok with it.  Had they all fit perfect, I would have kept them all.  The sizes were pretty spot on, nothing was too "small", it was more of a comfort thing for me.  The best thing about this was, I was able to try on everything at home with other things that I could possibly wear them with.  I am ok paying a little extra for quality clothes.  Spending $50 on a top is ok if it fits me perfect and I'm in love with it.  I know, I know it sounds ridiculous but it very rarely happens and I don't shop for myself a lot.  And believe me, if I find a top for $5 and it fits, it's mine!  I just always end up shopping for our home or the kids.

My stylist got me, there was not one thing I didn't like, she definitely paid attention to my Pinterest boards and my style profile.  

If you would like to try this out, you can use my referral code.  If you decide you like it, you'll also get a referral code of your own and can receive a $25 credit for each person that tries it from your code.

My overall experience with this was great.  There is nothing like trying on cute clothes from your own home without even having to leave the house.  I'm pretty sure that this could get super addicting.  I'm waiting on scheduling my next "FIX" for September.  I figure I will try it every few months.  Since I bought that one top, I haven't bought another piece of clothing, that's how rare it is for me to buy clothes for myself. 



















https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3629090
SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment