Friday, July 25, 2014

Fabulous San Diego Finds


So by now you know I live in the boonies so shopping is kind of non existent. Well it does exist but it's not very great!  So after saving for a LONG time, I was able to splurge on our vacation.  We didn't pay for hotel or food, unless we went out.  By no means am I posting my finds to brag or say "look what I have".  I am a great shopper.  My friends are always asking me where I get stuff.  I really should be a personal shopper.  I'm pretty sure in my past life I was.  If this isn't your favorite thing to read please feel free to skip it but come back for the other stuff because chances are, stuff from Fabulous Finds Friday will be featured in the blog somewhere at some time.

While making a shopping trip to Target (because you know we ALL have to go in to a Target while on vacation) I found this cool Pinterest sign on one of the rugs my mom was looking at.  I thought it was one of the coolest things I've seen.  If you have seen it for a while then forgive me, in the country we don't keep up with California times ;)


One of our stops was The Container Store.  We don't have one close to where we live, in VA, so I had to stop at the one near me and my moms favorite mall in San Diego. I wanted to see and feel the stuff I have been eyeing online.  It's much better to see stuff in person. My mom was not happy with me after we left the store because she loved it.

While looking around the store I found these beautiful boxes.  A set of two for $19.99.  I ordered from the store.  They'll be delivered tomorrow!! I'm so excited!


They come in all different colors.  I chose the green!


At Michaels these mini Project Life kits were on clearance for $1.49 so I grabbed one of each.  I have a lot of catching up to do on Project Life.


My mom and I stopped at the Outlets in San Diego.  We stopped by a store called Papaya.  My mom bought me a few birthday treats.  One of them are my new favorite necklace and bracelet!  The picture doesn't do them justice.


And this super cute top, $13.99!


I am by no means a make-up expert.  Not even close.  I pretty much wear the same colors all the time.  I have recently discovered a make up guru named Tiffany D  on YouTube thanks to my friend Elda.   I'm officially obsessed.  Anyway so now that I am watching a bunch of people on YouTube, I am wanting to branch out in make-up a little more.  Being a stay at home mom makes it a little hard to get all dolled up to wash the dishes.  Yeah, I like sweats when I'm home.  

So somewhere on Pinterest, I'm sure I saw this make-up palette and fell in love.  I wasn't really sure where to get it and of course walking through Macy's I found it!  The Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay




Isn't she pretty?!


Going in the make up theme, I grabbed this beauty at ULTA.  The color is BESO by Urban Decay.  I very rarely buy myself make-up so this was a super surprise on my end to actually buy it.  I'm glad I did because I am loving both items.


Back to Macy's, while shopping we couldn't resist the shoe sale they were having!  I got these beauties for $24!!  There was a sale on top of a sale on top of a sale.  Couldn't say no!


Then off to Forever 21, because I always have to go in there.  I found these super cute nail stickers.  $1.80.


Remember when my hubby and kiddos went to Sea World without me?  I was feeling SUPER guilty about not going.  All I could think of was that I was missing out on their excitement.  I've been with them everywhere and I was on the verge of tears.  My mom helped me by saying that my hubby misses out on a lot because of being gone all the time.  She also said that they need their time with their daddy and she was right.  I spent that time packing up all our stuff.  Our flight was the next day.  When they came home I was so excited to scoop them up and give them kisses and find out all about their day.  

They kept telling me about a video I needed to watch.  So they pull out this video of them picking out a pearl.  Kailey said that she was told to pick out the oldest, dirtiest oyster she could find.  So she did! And she hit the jackpot!  In the oyster was a BEAUTIFUL silver/bluish pearl.  My hubby thought that the lady was saying it was rare because that was part of the sales pitch but then she called everyone around to come look.  For every 100 oysters there's about 7 that are the silver/bluish color.  They hadn't seen one all day until they opened up Kaileys choice.  

With this beautiful pearl my sweet husband decided to have it put on a necklace for me.  The picture doesn't do it justice but it has a small little diamond and it's a beautiful white gold.  When I saw that part of the video I cried.  That was the cue to bring out the necklace.  This is definitely not a normal everyday thing.  Now I have a necklace that has a beautiful story.

(I will never be a jewelry photographer ha!)


The biggest splurge of all, my new Chanel sunglasses!  I know I know but I'm okay with it.  I will probably never buy another pair, unless they break or damage.  They were a partial gift from my mom and my hubby.  I'm telling you spoiled right here!


One of the greatest gifts I got was from my cousin Valerie.  She surprised me with a gift the morning of my birthday.  I am so super excited about these earrings.  They are now my "Go To" everyday earrings.  My mom always told me never to leave the house without earrings and it always kind of stuck. I love the simplicity of them and the Fabulousness of these (is that even a word?)


I hope you enjoyed my splurge shopping in San Diego.  Like I said these would not be normal purchases.  I got some beautiful new gifts, something for the house and for crafting and some pretties for me and my wardrobe.  

Until next time,
XOXO
Michelle

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment