Saturday, July 19, 2014

San Diego Vacation Part 1


It's always fun to go visit "home" but it's even harder to come back to where we are currently living.  Notice I don't call it home. hehe.  

We just got back from our two week vacation to San Diego.  It was so much fun.  Non-stop for this mama because my mom and I are always on the go.  Two weeks just never seems like enough time.  

So in order for me to show you all the fun we had, this will be a three part post.  I know, I know it's a lot but I just have to share because we had a blast.  I missed posting.  I took my computer thinking I would definitely post from San Diego but there was no way.  Busy, busy, busy.

So with all that being said, here is Part One of our San Diego vacation.  (Beware, photo overload...)


Vacation Day!!!! The kids have been counting down since they were out of school.  The day was finally here!  We parked our car in long-term parking.  The airport is 1.5 hours away from home so we had to think of the easiest way to get in and out of the airport quick.  This was it.  We left the house at 6 a.m. and here are the kids waiting for our shuttle.

One hour to our boarding time, it's never to early for Chipotle!  Especially when it's open at 8am and we are just waiting.


MMMM it was GOOD!  Everyone else had McDonalds breakfast.


He just has the sweetest smile!


We made it to San Diego!!!  Non-stop flight is definitely the way to go.  It was long but it was over and done with before we knew it.  My mom and dad were there waiting for us.  The kids, clearly happy to see Nana!


We walked in to the room we were staying in and there is Nana guilty of gifts.  There is her "I'm caught" look.  My thought was, "how am I going to fit this in our suitcases!"


First stop after we dropped off our luggage, In-N-Out! YUMMY!!!


In the middle of the table, even my mom loves A Bowl Full of Lemons!


The kids didn't waste any time!  They went straight for the water in the backyard.


Uncle Mikey blew up their alligator pool.


Cuddles with Nana!


Nana had a box full of her "old" jewelry.  Kailey took full advantage of putting it ALL on.


Jewelry came off but the horns stayed on. Nana decided to take them to the Dollar Store to buy some "junk".  The kids had a blast!


Hooters for dinner.  It was a really bad experience.  So bad that we didn't go back the whole time we were there.  We usually end up eating there a couple times.  Kyle was scolding me about trying to take a "sip" of his Dr. Pepper. (DISCLAIMER: no drinks of soda were consumed by this mommy.  10 more weeks to make one year with out it)


Papas is getting picked on but it's his grand kids so he will let it go.


Hubby and I.  Sometimes I can't get a normal face on him for a picture.  This will have to do.


We visited the Mexican market and the first thing I saw walking in was Squirt, on sale.  We don't even have Squirt on the East Coast.  It was reaaaaaally hard for me not to drink any of it.


Inside the market, you can get better Mexican food than you can at a Mexican restaurant here in Virginia.


Oh and the bread... soooo good!


Let's just talk about the Cilantro selection.  This was the whole selection, in Virginia we are lucky if we have a choice of more than five bundles.


An old family portrait in my moms home of her parents and her brothers and sisters.


A trip to Mission Beach.


It was a super busy day and very overcast but just perfect.


The kids had a BLAST!


Once they stepped foot inside they didn't want to get out.



The kiddos and I.




And this is the result of an overcast day!


Oh my moms Guacamole, there is nothing like it!


Carne Asada from the Mexican market.


The kids and their Nana and Papas.


Trying to pucker up our lips.  For some reason it doesn't look natural hehe


Uncle Mikey playing with the kiddos.



Chocolate covered strawberries.  Yummy, yummy.


On our first Saturday there, we went to a mini family reunion.  Kyle LOVES meat.  When he saw the meat and was ready to eat, his hands were shaking he couldn't get to the meat fast enough.


My family!  These are Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.  Lots of people missing but so many showed up.  It was so incredibly great seeing everyone.


My cousin with Kyle.  They haven't seen each other in a long time but Kyle went to him like he saw him yesterday.  It makes me teary eyed just thinking about it.


My little cousin Valerie.  Kailey fell in love with her.  She was our flower girl in our wedding almost 13 years ago.  


Nana and her Kyle.


My aunt made a TON of confetti eggs.  The kids were going crazy running up to everyone breaking them on heads.  Valerie got a ton, courtesy of Kyle and Kailey.


On our way home, a stop at Carl's Jr.  A Famous Star was necessary on this trip.


Every time I go to San Diego, my mom and I go to Fashion Valley Mall.  We always eat at Rubio's, walk by Abercrombie & Fitch, where my mom ALWAYS says "It smells SOOO good", then off to The Z Gallerie to look at the beautiful home interior decor.


Out of all the things Kailey could point out in the Z Gallerie, she finds this Hammerhead shark and tells me she wants it for her room.


Training her early! (No worries my mom needed a temporary purse holder)


Oh and Lolitas!! Eeek this is the best Carne Asada burrito ever!! I still can't believe I only ate there once.  I'm actually really sad about this.


A free birthday drink for me.  Oh the Starbucks perks!


Outlet shopping with my mommy.  


I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as we enjoyed our trip.  It's been about three years since we have been to San Diego.  Being so far away from family is really hard but it's so nice to be home. I just wish the time went slower while we were there.  Stay tuned for Part Two of our trip.  Legoland and Disneyland. 

SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment