Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I ARC'd My Erin Condren


I know, I know it sounds like a crime right?!  Or like I just said a really bad word.   I have to say that I am super happy about this decision.  I kept going back and forth about whether or not to do it.  But in the end I did it and now I'm going to show you just how I did it.


I am currently on my third Erin Condren.  I absolutely fell in love with this planner.  But let me give you a little bit of a disclaimer, I LOVE planners.  I'm pretty sure I have mentioned that I have gone through quite a few, in one year.  I figured since I know that I go through a couple planners a year that I should just go ahead and take the chance at ARC'ing this bad boy.  So I did it.

My brain seems to work a little slow on things like this.  Originally when I wanted to ARC this, I couldn't find a notebook that it would fit in.  I've seen a lot of people, online, take apart their Erin Condrens and put them in an A5 Filofax.  I tried to put a sheet of the EC in a Junior size notebook and it didn't fit.  My heart was crushed!! DUH, that's when I realized to ARC the cover.  HAHA sometimes I have to laugh at myself, well often, I have to laugh at myself.

Here are the tools that I used to do this.  


Here's the before...


For those of you that use this beautiful planner, you know that it has a nice new metal coil.  This is one of her newest updates.  It used to have a plastic coil.

So the first thing I had to do was pull out the coil. Make sure to use a tool that will help you hold and pull on that wire.  I did this while watching TV so it would be a little more enjoyable ;)


Once I was able to uncoil the wire, I was able to straigten it out and pull just a few pages out.


I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to take the planner apart with the wire like that so I snipped a couple pieces off.


Once that part of the wire came off it was easy sailing from there.




DONE!


First let me apologize for the quality of the pictures.  I certainly will not be winning any awards for my photography.  

This is pretty much what the page will look like when it comes out, not ripped of course.  I forgot to take a picture of the pages when they came out, so I ripped one out of my old one, hehe.


The first thing I did was lined it up as close to the cutting line as possible.  You want to make sure that you don't cut off too much of the page so you don't cut in to the calendar part.


Then slice it!  I know nerve racking right?  Well, I held my breath the whole time just so my breathing wouldn't mess me up.


DONE!  You can see that it didn't cut in to the page at all.


EEEEEEeeeekkkk!


That's the WHOLE planner!


I did the cover first so I had a template to make sure the paper would line up correctly.  Simply line it to the Junior size.  When you do this try and use the blank note pages first to practice, or cut a sheet of paper to size so if you mess up you're not wasting part of the calendar.


There is the sheet...


Here is a full view of the month.  You can see that it may cut in to one of the dates on the left side.  But really it's not that big of a deal, I know what number comes after 16 hehe.


Here's a view of the week.  


As of now I haven't added anything in to the Erin Condren which was one of the main reasons I decided to do it.  But I'm going to go ahead and call this a success.  I think I fell in love with this planner all over again!

Until next time

XOXO,

SJR Post Signature

2 comments:

  1. This is BRILLIANT!!! I have used EC planners in the past and I'm onto something else now, but one thing that always bugs me about planners is that I can't move pages around, remove them, or add my own pages! I love the whole ARC system for this and it never occurred to me to ARC planners that come bound. Such an awesome post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, thanks so much! I have started looking at things different now because of the ARC. I LOVE the system. Adding stuff is so fun. Have you heard of Project Life? The cards are perfect additions to ARC.

      Delete