Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I Made From Pinterest Wednesday Vol. 2


Ooh I am so glad the kiddos are getting ready to head back to school.  I mean I am sad that they won't be in the house but knowing that they are going to get back to school gave me a boost this past weekend to get some projects done.  

I always dread dinner time.  I don't want to always make the same meals and I'm scared to try new ones because I'm afraid they'll be a FAIL!  Not this week, woooo hoooo I found a new recipe to put on rotation!



This was a super easy meal.  I almost didn't make it because I thought it was going to get all negatives.  But I'm so glad that I did because it was delicious.  

BBQ Chicken Ranch French Bread

Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
3 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie)
1-2 cups BBQ sauce
3-4 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 avocado, diced
Ranch dressing

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Toss the shredded chicken with 1 cup bbq sauce (use more or less if desired). Cut the french bread in half length-wise.  Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on each half of the bread.  Top with mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups on each slice). Top with bbq chicken, onion and avocado (dividing evenly among each half).
3. Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese melted and bubbly. Sprinkle cilantro over the top and drizzle with ranch dressing.  Cut into thin slices and serve.

Make sure and visit sweettreatsmore.com to get this recipe.

I did not have a rotisserie so I just cooked chicken with bbq sauce in the crockpot and shredded it when it was done.  I also didn't add onion because it's like garlic and vampires with onion in this house.  I'm the only one that likes it.  I have never actually broiled anything but did for the first time and only had to have it in the oven for three minutes and it was cooked perfectly.

When my hubby came in the kitchen his eyes perked up really quick, he told the kids to come look at dinner and they both came running.  My son saw it and got happy and then saw what was really on it and looked grossed out. I'll tell you what, I will never go by their face expressions again, well the kiddos.  My hubby LOVED it!! He said it was SOOO good and immediately told me to add it to the list of meals.  I sat down and saw the Kyles plate was pretty much gone.  I asked him and he said "It's not good, it's GREAT!"  Kailey, well lets just say she really doesn't like anything  

I am pleased to say that this was a BIG hit in the house.  Now the only thing I need to add to the list is photography lessons.  Wait, I think I've said that before?!

Until Next Time,
XOXO
SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment