Saturday, October 18, 2014

My True Passion!

Blog Challenge #2 A Passionate Post

Here I am day number 2.  For those of you that follow me regularly, I'm sure you are SHOCKED to see me here two days in a row.  I'm trying so hard to make blogging one of my priorities.  I am so lucky to be able to stay home and this is something I LOVE to do.

Let's talk passion!!! When I was about 10 years old, I remember visiting a cousin of mine.  I remember her bedroom being a DISASTER.  I vaguely remember my aunt telling her she needed to clean her room.  Tell any kid to clean their room and I'm sure you'll get whines and frowns.  If it wasn't mine, I was ALL over it!  I took it upon myself to clean up the room.  In my eyes I didn't see it as cleaning, I saw it as Organizing.  Just this summer when we were in San Diego I found an old Dr. Seuss book.  I'm not sure what it's called but it has questions like, how many stairs are in your home, how many tv's, how many windows.  At the end it asks your age and what you want to be when you grow up

Age:11
What I want to be when I grow Up: Interior Decorator

My passion has always been HOME!  I guess all things home, decor, organization and everything in between.  I won't get in to why I didn't go to school for Interior Design, maybe another time, but it has been a passion of mine since I was 11.

It really made me sad to see this because as an adult I've always known that my passion was Interior Design.  I know I wouldn't want to build anything but just put it all together.  It has to be one of my biggest regrets.  But in many ways I feel that had I taken that route I wouldn't be where I am today and I LOVE where I am today.  So this blog gives me a platform to share my love of decorating for now.  The one lesson I have learned from this, is that I will do everything in my power to allow my children to study what ever it is they decide they love.

There are times when I go to bed thinking about Organizing.  If I hear someone say they need to organize, my ears perk up.  I'm willing to help anyone at any time to Organize, or shop for anything organizing or just plain pretty.  I guess it really does go hand in hand.  When things are organized, they look pretty and why not buy pretty bins to make it eye appealing?  hehe don't get me started on shopping for organizing.  I have recently been so anxious for my hubby to get out of the Navy.  He has a little less than 5 years left.  We are both soooo anxious to buy a house and finally settle down.  I think this is when my passion for Organizing and Decorating will finally come to play.  I am very much looking forward to that day.

For now I continue to work on small projects.  I get SUPER excited when I organize something and it turned out better than what I planned.  I love to organize pretty much anything.  I continue to pin pretty things on Pinterest.  I also hope to get myself and my wardrobe together so when I have that beautifully organized home, I'll look like I belong!

Until Next Time
XOXO, 
SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment