Friday, November 21, 2014

My Recent Ikea Trip

So by now I am pretty sure that my friends are done listening to me obsess about Ikea.  I can't say enough about how much I LOVE going in to that store.  I mean it's a good 1.5 hour away but I. DON'T. CARE!!!  I will go back again, soon!

Recently my handsome hubby went back home to Minnesota to go deer hunting with his family, a tradition he very much enjoys.  I didn't enjoy taking him to the airport because I knew I would miss him but I did enjoy the stop I was able to make at Ikea on my way home.

I found out that one of my friends had NEVER been so I took her with me to drop off my hubby.  I know, might be a little weird for some but I literally dropped him off curbside because you can't do much in the airport these days.  It was the easiest thing to do at the crazy airport we were at.   

Siri doesn't like me much because when I asked her to take me to Ikea, she took me to the area, NOT the store.  Thankfully we were only 10 minutes away from the actual store.  My friend Sunny and I spent a good few hours there.  BUT, I was so happy because she LOVED it.  She bought some stuff and so did I.  

Four days later I went again with my friend Tina, and I have pictures to prove it!!!


At the Pinterest party that my friend Jenni hosted, Tina and I, set a date to go to Ikea.  I ALMOST canceled because this was a 30+ day streak of not sitting still, an activity EVERY.DAY!  But I'm SOO glad I didn't because I had so much fun!

The one thing that I LOVE about Ikea, is their showroom.  It's fun to see all the rooms they put together.  I am starting to fall in LOVE with white furniture.  It may be, all the time I have been spending in Ikea and/or all the time on Pinterest and my favorite blogs.

Here is one of my FAVORITE rooms.  I just LOVE all the white, red and black.  


Shhh don't tell my hubby, but I'm debating on this nice plain white shelf to put in the kitchen.


I took a close picture of the dimensions so I can see if it will fit where I want it to.  $39.99, you just can't go wrong!


If you've been to Ikea you know that you have to pick up your own items.  This can be quite challenging because I have done it 4 times on my own and it was definitely hard.  BUT, I did it and I'll do it again!

When I know there is something I am going to purchase, instead of grabbing the papers that they provide you with to write down the area to pick up, I just snap a quick picture of the price and area that I need to go to pick up the item.  It can be confusing if I take pictures of stuff I like, like the picture above.  But I always leave with the right stuff. (he he you can see I went two different times.  Notice the nail polish on and nail polish off.  OMG I'm dying of laughter!)


This is what a cart full of stuff for two mamas looks like!  I am not one to NOT convince you to buy something.  So if you don't want to buy something, don't take me with you!


Yeah, that's a lot of stuff!


After our shopping trip, we sat down to eat lunch.  Don't judge!! When I ate with Sunny the previous time, I got the chicken tenders and fries and was not impressed.  They looked good but it was just really bland.  Ketchup didn't help.  

Tina came back with a whole lot of yummy looking food including Mac N Cheese.  I didn't even know they had that.  She let me taste it and I was SOLD!!  Yes that is a whole plate of carbs and sugar.  And guess what, I enjoyed EVERY last bite ;)


On our way out, before we checked out, Tina wanted to stop in the Clearance section.  I was less than thrilled.  I just don't enjoy shopping in Clearance.  It's only because I really hate digging for stuff and 9 times out of 10 there's not my size or anything I really want.

I am SOOOO glad I went in to that section!!  While Tina and I were shopping, I pointed out a trash can (the link says $14.99 but the same exact one at the store was $29 so now I'm confused) that I have been eyeing for a while.  $29.99, no thank you!  Well guess what, you got it, I found it in the clearance section!  And check out the price!


YUP $6.90.  Even at the confusing price of $14.99 or $29.99, that is cheaper than a plastic trash can at Target!  

And I'm IN LOVE!


When I was shopping with Sunny, I almost bought my kids some pen holders that were very inexpensive.  $2.99 for two.  BUT, I wanted a pink one for Kailey and silver for Kyle and each color came with two.  I didn't need 4, just TWO!

If you thought I was going to say Guess What, you're right!


It's as if these were waiting there for me!  And .90 cents, I'll take that!


I also grabbed a bunch of boxes and bins to do some storage projects that I am working on.  (Future Blog Post)



Here is my entire Ikea Haul!  You can see there are a couple things that I didn't share but that's OK because you'll see them eventually ;)


That is my exciting trip to Ikea, I will, from now on, ALWAYS stop in the Clearance section JUST IN CASE I have an item for $29.99 that is marked for way cheaper.

Now I have one more item to share.  I was debating on sharing them because it's a little personal but I LOVE to share things I love!  So you know those days when you just feel the need for those panties that are not cute?!  Well, I just got these and they are SOOOO comfortable I just HAD to share them with you!

Victoria's Secret is not down the road from me so Wal Mart had to do.  But these are super comfy and priced really good.  And the thing I love the most about them is the elastic doesn't fold over.  


I hope you enjoyed this edition of Fabulous Finds Friday.  I definitely enjoyed my shopping trips and have another Ikea trip planned for the very near future!

Until Next Time
XOXO,
SJR Post Signature

4 comments:

  1. Those Boxes! I love the oval label place thing on those off white ones!

    And I'll say it again, I can't believe you don't like clearance shopping! We're going to change your mind on that real quick! That's where the best deals are! It takes some hunting sometimes but the treasures are worth it!!!

    I can't wait to go on with you on your next trip to Ikea!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I LOVE them too Jenni. I almost didn't get them but I'm so glad I did. Now to put them to use!

      Eeeeek I know. The Clearance section scares me. If I don't have to move things around to find things, that works.

      Ok, let me know when you want to go, maybe after Christmas. It can be a day adventure ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG those cream colored boxes are to die for!!!! It is lucky for my husband that the nearest IKEA to use is in a completely different state or we'd be absolutely broke :) I can't wait to see what you do with all the stuff you bought!!! xo Liz www.4evermysweetpea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I am IN LOVE with the boxes. They still stand empty as I am moving things around to get stuff in them lol. Yeah 1.5 hours away is not far enough! hehe

      Delete