Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 2015 Ipsy Review

EEEEK! Let's talk pretty pink bags!  I used to belong to Birchbox.  It was a fun little treat, getting a box in the mail every month but I felt like I was getting the same product over and over again.  

I recently decided to sign up with ipsy.  I had seen so many people with them and they were super excited and it looked like they got some decent size samples.  

I can't even tell you the excitement when I got my first bag.  I planned on sharing but LIFE got in the way and it just didn't happen.  Fast forward to May's bag!

First let me say that the packaging is something to get excited about.

If you shop online a lot, you get excited that you're getting a package anyway, but when it looks like this?! Forget it, I couldn't wait to tear in to the bag.

So this is the first thing that you see.  The bag and a little postcard with the "theme" of the bag.  This month it was Jetsetter.

I mean this bag!!! Soooo adorable.  I plan on putting my everyday cosmetics in this to be able to get to them easy.

...and finally, the goodies!


A full size makeup brush by Luxie.
I mean, you can't go wrong with a full size brush.  It's a nice brush and works good.


Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser. 
 It smells good ;)  I mean I can't really say much of anything else.  When I used it for the first time, the first thing I noticed was the smell.  I didn't really feel like my face had just been really cleaned.  It just smelled pretty.
 
CoTZ face sheer matte finish.  
I wasn't sure what to think about this.  It's about the size of my pointer finger, this picture may be slightly deceiving. It has directions on it and that's about it.  I don't know if I'm supposed to use it under make-up, or just as cover up.  It says to apply literally 15 minutes before sun exposure.


Chella eyebrow pencil.
I'll be honest, I don't know how to use an eyebrow pencil.  Ummm my eyebrows are kind of crazy.  The hair grows down and stays down.  I need to go in to one of those beauty stores like Sephora or Ulta to get some lessons on this kind of stuff.  When I tried it on, it did cover what I think it was supposed to.  The only problem is, I'm pretty sure that each eyebrow looked completely different.


Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss
I was super excited to see the Urban Decay brand.  I have the Naked 2 pallet and LOVE it so I assumed the lipstick would be just as awesome! Not too sure about the color this model is sporting.


Here is what the inside of the sample was like.  I'm LOVING the color on the left.  The one on the right, not so much!


To apply the color I had to dip this pencil in the color I wanted.  It claimed to be vibrant color but it was not easy to use.  I'm not sure if it was set up like this for sample wise or what but it just ended up being a gloppy mess.  I either got too much on the pencil or not enough.  And then the pencil tip broke.  The color wasn't vibrant at all just a gloppy mess.

Have you used it?  Is this just the sample?


Overall I enjoyed this bag.  The one thing that Birchbox did that I liked better, is when you received your box, you got a post card with each item in the box, written on there. You got a description of what the item was and how to use it and the price of a full sized item.  

I'm loving the vibrant post card from ipsy but it just doesn't do anything for me.  I'll probably just end up throwing it away.

Here's a recap:
The bag - Thumbs UP
The brush - Thumbs UP
Cleanser - Thumbs DOWN
CoTZ face sunscreen/finish - Thumbs DOWN
Chella Eyebrow Pencil - Thumbs UP
Urban Decay Lipgloss - Thumbs DOWN

I guess really this bag was OK.  Nothing to be super excited about other than the excitement of getting the bag. 

 I did review everything on the ipsy site so I could get points.  After receiving your bag, you can review your items for points.  They also have items that you can buy for points.  
Another cool thing that they offer on ipsy, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, is products at great prices.  But don't wait because they do sell out.

If you're interested in getting an ipsy bag of your own go HERE. When you sign up using my code I will get points.  You can also refer friends and earn points as well.

I'm super excited to see what comes next.  I've also decided to skip the sneak preview that they offer before your bag ships.  I like surprises.

Do you prefer ipsy or Birchbox?

Until Next Time
XOXO,
SJR Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment